5 Best Essential Oil for Dry Skin and How to Use Them. The nowadays essential oil has been very famous for treating skin issues. While choosing the right kind of oil for specific issue needs assistance. Some people have naturally dry skin even in the summer season but that contributes to flaky and patchy skin. Dry skin type is more prone to get fine lines and wrinkles before age.
Therefore here is a list to choose your type of essential oil that suits your skin. I am going to share a list of essential oils that help you restore the skin moisture and balance the sebum production.
Dry Skin Care Routine
Frankincense Essential oil for dry skin:
Frankincense oil is the perfect formula for dry skin and it reduces the inflammation and itching also. Also, strong antimicrobial qualities of frankincense oil make it beneficial for restoring the collagen of the skin. This also improves the elasticity of the skin and reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- Avocado oil 1 oz.
- Frankincense essential oil 10 drops
- Dropper bottle darker color
- Add avocado oil and frankincense oil in dark dropper bottle carefully.
- Now close the lid and shake well that both oils get homogenous.
- After washing face applies a few drops on the face and massage lightly.
Helichrysum Essential oil:
Helichrysum oil is an amazing moisturizing oil for dry skin. Emollient makes your dry and rough skin soft and smooth. It restores and protects the skin moisture from drying out thus you remain hydrated for a longer period.
- Rosehip oil 1 oz.
- Helichrysum essential oil 10 drops.
- Dark glass dropper
How to apply:
- Pour both oils in the dark glass dropper bottle and then close the lid.
- Shake well before each use and make sure to close the lid tightly so it remains effective for a longer time.
- You can use it as a face serum.
Sandalwood essential oil:
Sandalwood is used from ancient times to treat skin disease and acne. Sandalwood oil is a moisturizing agent and it helps in balancing the sebum production. It removes the dirt from the pores and reduces the size of the enlarged pores and gives you a flawless look. It not only fight against the infections but also helps remove the scars and acne marks.
- Olive oil 1 oz.
- Sandalwood Essential oil 10 drops
Dark glass dropper bottle
How to apply:
- Mix both oils in the bottle and close the lid.
- Shake well so both oils form a homogenous mixture.
- Apply on the face as a face serum before bed.
Cedarwood essential oil:
It soothes the dryness and itches. Also, it has an anti-inflammatory property which makes it beneficial for fighting against bacterial and fungal properties. It also brings a natural glow and reduces the blemishes from the skin.
- Argan oil 1 oz.
- Cedarwood Essential oil 10 drops
- Mix both oils in dark glass dropper bottle and shake before use.
- Apply on the clean and washed face before bedtime or as a face serum.
Patchouli Essential oil:
Patchouli oil is not very known but the benefits are enormous and are a moisturizing agent for your dry skin. It also reduces the infection and helps in the regeneration of healthy skin cells.
- Jojoba oil 1 oz.
- Patchouli Essential oil 10 drops
- How to use:
- Mix both oil and store in a dark glass dropper bottle.
- Take few drops on palm and massage slightly on the face before bedtime.