5 Homemade Body Butters for Dry Skin. Winter brings dry and flaky skin and related issues. Therefore we all rush towards many different moisturizing creams that claim to reduce the dryness but usually all in vain. The most commonly used creams that we use cause skin darkening and dull and damaged skin.
Therefore here I am going to share with you alternative natural butter that helps reduce the dryness. In addition, it does not cause any reaction and improves skin texture. Instead of using harsh chemicals on the skin one can easily replace them with natural ingredients without any side effects. Here is a list of 10 homemade butter that can save your money and time and brings a natural softness and glow to your skin.
Frankincense whipped body butter:
Basically, its made with Shea butter, coconut oil, Argan oil, almond oil, and magical frankincense essential oil. All of the above-mentioned ingredients are magical and provides essential nourishment to the skin. In addition, it avoids the effects of harsh winters and makes your skin baby soft even at freezing temperatures. Simply mix all ingredients in a bowl and whip until it forms a creamy mixture. Store in an airtight container and use in winter.
DIY anti-itch whipped body butter for eczema:
Eczema is a disease of sensitive skin and many people are affected by it including infants. Usually, people avoid using pharmaceutical creams on infants thus this butter can save your kid from the itching and discomfort.
- Shea butter 3 tablespoon
- Coconut oil 5 tablespoon
- Calendula oil 1 tablespoon
- Castor oil ½ tablespoon
- Vitamin E capsule 4 content
- Lavender essential oil 10 drops
- Tea trees essential oil 5-7 drops
How to make:
- Initially melt shea butter, coconut oil, and castor oil and then let it cool.
- Refrigerate until it becomes harden again.
- Just hand blender to whip the mixture and add essential oils and other ingredients and whip until it forms a smooth paste.
- Now store in an airtight container.
- Apply on the body after taking a bath or at night and let it absorb in the skin.
Homemade vanilla cinnamon butter:
It’s perfect nourishment to your whole body skin and moisturizes the skin instantly. Sweetish smell and the texture is very light that you won’t feel any layer on the skin. Ingredients:
- Coconut oil ¾ cup
- Shea butter 1 cup
- Ground cinnamon ½ tablespoon
- Vanilla extract ½ tablespoon
- Melt the ingredients in a bowl using the microwave and as described already let it cool and harden again.
- Mix with an electric hand beater and then add vanilla extract in the end and store in the refrigerator.
Homemade honey body butter:
We all know the benefits of using honey on the skin. Highly hydration property of honey makes it worth using in winters and for dry skin.
- Organic honey 3 tablespoon
- Coconut oil 11/2 cup as solid
- Citrus essential oil 1 tablespoon
- Simply mix all ingredients using an electric blender and then store in a container.
- Use when needed and it will bring refreshing and soothing effects.
Lavender and neem oil body butter:
Lavender and neem oil body butter help reduces the infection and itchiness of dry skin.
- Shea butter 3 oz.
- Cocoa butter 0.25 oz.
- Baobab oil 0.2 oz.
- Lanolin 0.1 oz.
- Arrowroot powder 0.05 oz.
- Lavender essential oil 0.1 oz.
- Neem oil 1 ml
- Vitamin E oil 1 ml
- Mix shea and cocoa butter and make a smooth paste add other essential oils and then mix until forms a smooth paste.
- Store in an airtight glass jar and use it when needed.