Essential Oils for Dandruff. Essential oils nowadays are being used in many ways to treat many serious issues. However it has been used in the past too, but the benefits were ambiguous but now new researches have been made to prove their effectiveness. When it comes to hair related issues than dandruff is among the leading cause of bad hair day or losing hair strands.
Usually, dandruff results in permanent loss of hair strands as the dandruff layer bury the hair follicles. Finally, it results in bald patches and dry hair with split ends. Today in this article you are going to read about the essential oil and how they are helpful in treating dandruff infected scalp.
Rosemary essential oil:
Rosemary has a huge spectrum of benefits in many health issues. However, the soothing effect is one of the most benefited aspects of rosemary essential oil. In addition, antibacterial and antifungal qualities make it stand out to treat dandruff related issues.
- Rosemary essential oil
- Coconut oil
- Add a few drops of essential oil in the shampoo and mix with coconut oil.
- Apply on the scalp and wash with Luke warm water.
- Repeat it each time you shampoo your hair for a month.
Lavender essential oil:
Lavender essential oil besides being anti-fungal also possesses anti-inflammatory qualities and helps in reducing the itchiness.
- Regular hair oil 1 tablespoon
- Lavender essential oil 5-6 drops
- Apply on the scalp with gentle fingers and let it stay overnight.
- Wash in the morning with a mild shampoo.
- It will not only remove dandruff but also provides calmness and you will feel fresh.
Eucalyptus essential oil:
Eucalyptus essential oil is strong in nature, therefore, make sure you don’t have any allergy to this oil.
- Hair oil 1 tablespoon
- Eucalyptus essential oil 3-4 drops
- Take warm hair oil and add a few drops of essential oil.
- Mix well and apply on the scalp and let it work for a few hours.
- Later on, wash with organic shampoo.
- Do not repeat more than 2 times a week as eucalyptus oil might cause itching.
Tea tree Essential oil:
Tea tree essential oil is natural antiseptic oil and has a strong property to fight against infections including scalp and skin infections.
- Olive oil/jojoba oil/coconut oil
- Tea tree oil
- Mix both oils together and apply on the scalp.
- Massage gently and then let it stay overnight.
- Now wash normally in the morning.
Chamomile Essential oil:
Usually, essential oils are anti-infection agents and so Is the chamomile essential oil. In addition, it also improves the sleeping disorders and fights against insomnia.
- Regular oil 1 tablespoon
- Chamomile essential oil 6 drops
- Simply mix both oils and massage on the scalp.
- Leave the oils on the scalp overnight or at least 6-7 hours and then wash normally.
- You will find lesser flakes just after few days of use.