How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks. Our body does not cope with sudden changes especially when something took a long period of time to shape it. Similarly, when you lose weight suddenly or postpartum body both are prone to get the stretch marks. Usually, stretch marks appear on the thighs, buttocks, breasts, upper arms, and in the abdominal area. However, the intensity and texture depend on various factors but once you get them it’s very difficult to get rid of them and requires a lot of time and patience to attain the smooth and even skin afterward.
Origin of stretch marks:
Basically, there are 3 skin layers and the stretch marks are produces on the dermis as the connective tissues get stretched more than its flexibility. During pregnancy or while gaining weight these tissues expand and then suddenly changes in body shape cause these muscles to get loosen and do not bounce back at its initial form. Besides these changes, some hereditary factors and stress also leads to the stretch marks appearances
Remedies to treat:
Below you are going to read a few home-based remedies to treat the stubborn stretch marks.
Olive oil is also known as beauty oil as it contains a huge amount of vitamin E which is easily absorbed in the skin and makes your skin look young and healthy. Basically anti-oxidant nature of olive oil makes it very helpful in treating the issues.
Simply massage slightly warm olive oil on the affected area and then leave it for 30 minutes at least. However, you must be careful that do not expose yourself to the air or cold temperature immediately after applying olive oil.
The best anti-aging and skin lifting/tightening natural mask is egg white. In fact, amino acids and proteins perfect formula in egg white makes its best treatment for the stretch marks.
- Whisk two egg whites in a bowl.
- Now use a makeup brush or soft bristles brush to apply the egg white mask on the affected areas.
- Let it air dry for a few minutes.
- Check if you have no wet areas left then wash with cold water and then moisturize with olive oil.
- Repeat the process daily for 2 weeks and you will observe changes in skin texture.
You might feel surprised about the use of aspirin on the skin but believe me it does wonders to your skin. In fact, it’s proven to be the best homemade remedy for treating the stretch marks at home. Actually, it contains content that is similar to salicylic acid and helps to exfoliate the skin and remove the scars and dead skin cells.
- Crush 3 aspirin tablets and add a few drops of water to make a thin paste.
- Apply it to the required area and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with normal water and apply some olive oil to moisturize the skin.
- Take a skin patch test before applying on larger areas to check the skin sensitivity.
- Do not apply on the cuts, bruises or scars as it gets penetrates into the wound.