Kill sinus infection in 20 seconds. Sinus infection is an inflammation of the sinus wall because of foreign particles inhaled through the nasal cavity. Its one of the most common health issues around the globe and many people loosely named it as the common cold.
However, some symptoms are similar in common cold and sinus infection but the treatments and remedies for both are entirely different. Therefore to know the exact situation one must be familiar with the types and symptoms to recognize the issue.
Common Symptoms :
Few symptoms that occur in sinuses are given below:
- Bad breath
- A cough/congestion
- Loss of smell
- Stuffed nose/ runny nose
Some of the symptoms are common in cold and flu but prolonged symptoms symbolize the sinuses infection. Symptoms may vary from one type to another type of infection as there are three major types.
Types of Sinusitis infection:
Acute: Mostly cold-like symptoms with a runny and stuffy nose and facial pain usually take 10-14 days to getaway.
Subacute: It lasts longer than an acute sinus and may have intense symptoms for 4 – 8 weeks.
Chronic: Its severe kind of infection and might last longer than 8 weeks and needs special care.
Recurrent: It is most difficult and it might attacks a person several times a year and one might need to get admitted to the hospital for treatment.
Usually, medicines used for the sinus discomfort are addictive and with cover, use might lose the effect and body develop tolerance against these medicines. Therefore to treat the first three types one can use home remedies to lower the symptoms and let the body heal itself naturally.
- Clean water ½ cup
- Apple cider vinegar ¼ cup
- Raw honey 1 tablespoon
- Cayenne powder 1 tablespoon
- Lemon 1 lemon content
- Always make sure to make it fresh at the time of consumption and do not store for a longer period of time.
- Use genuine brands of apple cider vinegar and honey to get the purest form of both.
- Take some water in a saucepan and let it boil for minutes.
- Pour the boiling water in a cup or mug and then add apple cider vinegar and other ingredients.
- Let it cool for minutes and then add honey and mix well.
- Add lemon in the last and drink it immediately whenever you feel like having the discomfort.
- You must drink this beverage twice a day to get the best result.
- However, it can be taken at any time in the day but the best time is an empty stomach in the morning.
- Try this remedy for two days and observe that if you have positive effects if there appears any other uncommon effect stop the consumption.
- Make sure you don’t have another medical history of asthma or bronchitis as lemon will aggravate the issues.
- People with hypertension should consult the physician before usage.