Remove The Mustache and other Unwanted Hair. Naturally, our body posses hair and they do perform some specific protective functions for our skin. However, some of us have rich growth of body hair, especially in some specific areas. These unwanted hairs are certainly caused by embarrassment and odor. In fact, in some religions, it’s necessary to get rid of unwanted hairs like in public area and armpits and considered as part of self-hygiene. Besides these hairs, facial hair for females like mustache and chin area is a sign of embarrassment and might damage one’s self-esteem.
Commonly people use shaving and hair removing creams to get rid of these unwanted hairs but the worst side effect of using both methods is that it enhances hair growth. Nowadays people are also getting laser treatments/sittings to get rid of body hair or unwanted hair but still, long term side effects of using a laser are undeniable. In addition, laser treatments are not affordable for all of us.
Fortunately, we have some home-based remedies that might help you get smooth and hairless skin if used accordingly. In fact, these methods are cheaper, effective and easy to use at home than any other salon sittings or laser treatments.
Raw Papaya Remedy:
Papaya contains enzymes that have the capability to break down the follicles and reduce hair growth. Although it helps in reducing hair growth and turning them into fine hair strand it also improves the skin texture by exfoliating the dead skin cells.
- Raw papaya 1-2 tablespoon paste
- Turmeric Powder ½ teaspoon
- Slice papaya and separate the seeds and then grind the sliced papaya.
- Add turmeric powder in the paste and mix well.
- Massage this paste on the required area for 15 minutes and then wash the area.
- You can repeat this on a weekly basis.
- Papaya powder ¼ tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ tablespoon
- Gram flour ¼ tablespoon
- Aloe Vera gel 4 tablespoon
- Mustard oil 2 tablespoon
- Essential oil 2-3 drops
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- When a sticky paste is formed apply in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and then clean with a soft cloth.
- Once all the paste gets removed wash with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply some moisturizer or olive oil with a light massage.
- You can repeat it on alternative days or three times a week for 1 month.
Turmeric is a cleansing agent and is used since ancient times in Indian ayurvedic treatments. However, it’s considered a sign of purity because of its lightening and exfoliating effect at the same time.
- Water/milk to make a paste
- Turmeric powder as needed
Make a paste in water or milk with turmeric powder and then apply it to the hairy area. Let it dry over and then wash with warm water. This remedy is most effective with fine hairs like usually facial hairs.
Chickpea flour mask:
It has been widely used in Indian culture to get lesser hair even with infants and has been massaged especially for removing the infant’s body hair.
- Chickpea flour ½ bowl
- Milk ½ bowl
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream 1 teaspoon for dry skin only
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and mix well until it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply on the hair and massage lightly.
- Let it rest for a half-hour and then start rubbing the mask it will start turning into small balls.
- You might feel hair pulling out with the removal of the mask.
- Wash your area and apply some moisturizer or olive oil.
Sugar –lemon mix:
Sugar wax is the most opted and the best technique to remove the hair. Usually, people don’t develop any side effects but people suffering from skin allergies or eczema should avoid this method.
- Sugar 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoon
- Water 10 tablespoon
- Mix lemon juice, sugar, and water in a bowl.
- Do not dissolve sugar completely and apply this pack on the hairy site.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes or until it completely dried up.
- Wash with warm water with gentle rubbing in the opposite direction of hair growth.
The egg is not only beneficial for treating the fine lines and aging wrinkles but it also helps in removing facial unwanted hair.
- Egg white 1 egg
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Cornflour ½ tablespoon
- Mix all ingredient in a bowl and beat until makes a thick paste.
- Apply on the face and spread evenly.
- Once it’s dried on the face you can peel it using firm hands.
- Notice the fine facial hair on the peeled mask.